Carnations are one of the most popular types of flowers and have been used for centuries to express love, sympathy, and appreciation. They are a member of the Dianthus family, which includes other popular flowers such as pinks and sweet williams. With their bright colors and long-lasting blooms, carnations make an excellent choice for any occasion. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they also smell lovely and can be easily arranged into stunning bouquets.
1. Carnations are edible - Yes, you can eat carnations. It is a popular garnish for salads and desserts in some countries.
2. Carnations come in a dazzling array of various colors - From pure white to deep purple. There are literally hundreds of color options when it comes to carnations.
3. They are the official birth flower for January.
4. They are associated with Mother's Day - Carnations are often given as gifts on Mother's Day to symbolize appreciation and love for mothers everywhere.
5. Carnations have medicinal properties - Carnations are known to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
6. The Scientific name of Carnation is Dianthus Caryophyllus which means "flower of the gods."
7. Carnations are a wonderfully hardy & long-lasting flower.
Carnations come in a variety of colors, each with its special significance.
- Red carnations are commonly seen during Valentine's Day or to show admiration or love.
- Pink carnations symbolize gratitude or a mother's love. Pink Carnations are perfect for Mother's Day.
- Yellow carnations usually indicate joy and happiness or rejection and disappointment, depending on the context.
- Scarlet carnations symbolize capriciousness which means being whimsical or unpredictable.
- White carnations symbolize innocence, purity, and luck. They are also often used in sympathy and wedding arrangements.
Carnations are known for their long-lasting blooms. Carnations can typically last up to two weeks or longer, depending on the care they receive. To ensure your carnations last as long as possible, give them the proper care and attention they need. Without adequate care, carnations can quickly wilt and die in 2-3 days.
1. Once you get home, put the cut carnations in water. The sooner, the better.
2. Prepare the vase and fill it with room-temperature water and flower food. Remove any foliage submerged in the water, which can cause bacteria to form and shorten the vase's life.
3. Trim their stems at an angle. This will help them absorb more water and stay hydrated. An angled cut also ensures that the stems aren't blocked by the bottom of the vase when the flowers are arranged in a bouquet.
4. If the water becomes cloudy, replace it with fresh room temperature water.
5. Re-cut their stems every other day. This will ensure that the flowers get enough water and nutrients to stay healthy and vibrant. Cutting the stems also helps prevent bacteria from forming on them, which can cause the flower to wilt prematurely.
Overall, carnations are perfect for any occasion due to their vibrant colors and long-lasting blooms. With a little bit of care and attention, you can make your carnations last even longer! Visit us at FiestaFlowersAZ.com for flower arrangements and bouquets featuring carnations. We have something for everyone!
Year : 2023
Year : 2022
Year : 2021
Year : 2020